Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Data Scientist for IBM internal sales incentives applications. You'll work with a team of architects, product owners and business subject matter experts in Raleigh, by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations while working with development squads in China and Brazil to optimize results. You will be responsible for delivery of business benefits using Agile methods and have strong collaboration and Agile Leadership skills as you primarily work with several squads and interact occasionally with many squads.
- Gather and/or define epics and features and at times stories, often through interviews and facilitating meetings with executives, business stakeholders, and business subject matter experts.
- Develop roadmap of epics & features in prioritized order
- Analyze structured and unstructured data and use of programming languages (Ex: Python) used in cloud infrastructure to handle the volume of data streams
- Develop data models, support development of prototypes, and demo to stakeholders
- Develop Gherkin statements for business scenarios
- Clarify requirements, data model and high-level designs so they are ready for development
- Facilitate requirements prioritization with stakeholders, with a focus on delivery of business benefits
- Participate in iteration zero / program increment planning events, presenting requirements to squad(s), answering questions, assisting as they create stories, estimates & iteration plans
- Participate in Agile development: stand ups, demo iterations to users and gather feedback, acceptance testing
- Plan and execute tests to verify the solution is properly configured and extended to meet requirements as part of iteration completion. Story & feature acceptance testing and system acceptance testing
- Provide information on the application data model and explain entities and attributes in the model and relationships between them to users
- effectively communicate findings to business leaders, via strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills
- To uphold the same professional standards and work ethic expected of all our consultancy staff and to lead by example when working with less experienced staff
- To build a high level of trust and confidence with partners and clients in relation to their knowledge of the business issues at hand
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6 years of experience with FMS systems and business processes
- Experience with business process analysis (Use Cases and/or process flows) and mapping or solution design (Gap Analysis) techniques
- Excellent SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience working with large data volumes and data complexity
- Experience with quality assurance activities and test case development
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Business acumen, for example, in understanding the problem, formulating hypotheses and testing conclusions to determine appropriate methods to influence strategic choices through data.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ experience in a business consultant, or business analysis type of role working for a large IT consulting firm, software company, private sector organization, or public sector agency.
- Strong Agile Leadership capability: form teams, distribute work, measure what matters, develop talent, listen & leverage, influence & impact, manage risk
- Degree in Information Technology or very closely-related field
- Proven ability in the areas of written communication and presentation delivery
- Ability to facilitate meetings with business executives, architects, stakeholders and users
- Solid team building, problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to interact with clients at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as part of a team dedicated to delivering quality results
- Display initiative and practical application
- Excellent written and verbal communications
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Finance Open Source Python SQL
Job region(s): North America