Conversational Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Littleton, Massachusetts, US
Our mission is to revolutionize customer service by developing and deploying the latest conversational artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) technology in IBM’s industry-leading chatbot platform Watson Assistant.
We are simply obsessed with chatbots. We want to make it easy to build chatbots that are actually useful in the real world, and we need your help! We are looking for conversational AI engineers who have experience with creating conversational AI systems for chatbots that address real business needs. If you have the academic foundation in AI or NLP, and you have the software engineering chops to build complex enterprise systems, this is the job for you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of Watson Assistant’s dialogue runtime team. Your primary job will be the development and deployment of the dialogue engine of Watson Assistant.
- Develop and improve dialogue runtime to implement and enhance conversational patterns, such as slot filling, disambiguation, and digression.
- Work closely with IBM Research teams to bring state-of-the-art conversational AI techniques into complex enterprise environments.
- Work closely with other engineering teams, product managers and user-experience designers to act as a bridge between AI innovations, business requirements and the needs of the customer.
- Deploy and maintain conversational AI microservices to Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift clusters in IBM Cloud and other cloud providers.
Above all, we are looking for team members with a keen sense of ownership, resilience and drive. If you like dynamic projects and enjoy being challenged, if you can make progress when faced with ambiguous requirements and uncertainty, if you enjoy moving fast (and are not afraid to make a mistake or two on the way), then we want to meet you!
Location & Travel: Once IBMers are no longer working from home due to COVID-19 this will be an office based position in greater Boston, MA area. Periodic travel may be required for team meetings or industry conferences.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with conversational AI systems and NLP
- Expert level experience with Java, Python, or C++
- Experience building AI systems for SaaS applications
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with product management, user experience and engineering teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Python and deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with developing dialogue interpreters
- Experience with chatbot platforms, such as Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, Rasa, Microsoft Azure Bot Service, or IBM Watson Assistant
- Experience with conversational patterns, such as disambiguation, digressions, slot filling and question answering
- Knowledge of pre-trained language models
- Experience with Go
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Consulting Conversational AI Deep Learning Engineering Java Kubernetes NLP Python PyTorch Research Security TensorFlow Travel
Job region(s): North America