Data Management Specialist
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects, and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat, and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
- Driving the PT&E (Product Technology and Engineering) Data Management workflow tasks within the required time and quality.
- Ensure that the T&E Data Management workflow tasks are defined and trained.
- Manage data governance of all Syngenta PT&E data across the Syngenta PT&E business and wider organization and ensure data verification prior to handover to downstream systems/processes (MDM, P&S, Logistics).
- Collaborate with other departments to do data validation from upstream systems/processes (R&D).
- Provides support for projects and business change programm when PT&E and PT AI data is affected.
- Management of data quality and associated improvement activity to ensure that data quality (including standards such as accuracy, validity, reliability, etc) of all Syngenta PT&E data is achieved
- Consider all possible chemical or biological information sources e.g., MSDS, Sales Specs, Labels to guarantee the right set of data and the expected data quality.
- Key contact for all data related changes that are part of a PPCR (product and process change request)
- Driving the evaluation and enrichment of data via various sources (both internal and external) with assessment and assurance of the data quality
- Make sure all updates e.g., Specs are communicated to everybody.
- Formal training and/or qualification in Chemistry or Biology plus 3-5 years hands-on experience in similar or related roles
- A broad understanding of data in science, an interest in data management and a clear understanding of the importance of data and data quality
- Understanding of Product life cycle management from introduction to phase-out.
- Good analytical thinking and the ability to implement the results that came out of the analysis.
- Knowledge and practical experience of Operational Excellence/LEAN Six Sigma
- Experience in Data Management and Data Quality documentation and implementation
- Good awareness of the structure and data points needed for all kind of chemicals e.g. formulations, active ingredients, intermediates and raw materials.
- Ability to learn new Data Management ways of working in a changing system and organisational environment.
- Good communication skills.
Please send your complete application with CV and motivation letter as well as Diploma and Work Certificates (if you have).
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Biology Chemistry Data governance Data management Data quality Engineering R R&D
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom London, England, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Consultant/Senior Consultant, Data AnalyticsAWS Azure Consulting Consulting firm Data Analytics Engineering ETL +8
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Health care +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs