Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We're accepting these challenges by applying data, algorithms and machine learning to problems in logistics, routes, personalization, search and more. Our Data Science team is at the heart of this effort and is an essential ingredient in Beat’s aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
As a member of our team, you will take on some of our biggest challenges and your work will impact the entire Beat experience, from making sure drivers are always available for all our customers, to helping our drivers utilize their working hours. Our team moves very fast, so you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate difference.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Solve complex logistics problems, so we can make our passengers happy getting from point A to point B the fastest possible.
- Predict the future, like modeling pickup times and forecasting supply & demand in real time.
- Personalize the customer’s experience, with the end result of minimizing the number of interactions between user and application.
- Help utilize our drivers’ working time by being in the right place at the right time.
- Identify many other interesting problems to solve.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, product managers and operations teams to iterate on solutions.
What you need to have:
- Master's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline. Higher degrees are highly appreciated as is considerable experience with Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Big Data Analytics in the industry.
- 3+ years of experience using statistical insights and software to solve real-world problems
- Experience with Python or R. Additional experience and competence in software engineering are preferred. Specifically, we would favour candidates with a strong engineering background and competence in Scala.
- Hands-on experience with SQL, NoSQL, and Apache Hadoop, Spark or Tensorflow.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- The desire to build, launch and iterate on products with limited direction.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.