Senior Business Data Analyst
San Diego, CA
GoSite creates simplified technology for the small businesses that drive America’s economy. Our software empowers them to have everything they need in one place to connect with their customers in the digital era. Our cloud based suite of mobile and web tools transforms the way our customers run their business, on the go and everywhere.
GoSite is proudly awarded as a 2019 SDBJ Best Place to Work, 2019 SDVG Cool Company, two time SDBJ Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company and two time Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Company in the US.
The GoSite product and engineering team is expanding rapidly. We are a passionate and ambitious group of individuals looking to empower SMBs in a way that has never been done before. Our team is now in search of a talented and passionate Senior Business Data Analyst to help us take our products to the next level. Here at GoSite, we strongly believe in the value of turning data into practical and actionable recommendations to power all organizations across the company. If you love working with data, defining measurement strategies, discovering insights and making product/business recommendations, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Assist the product and engineering teams to create measurement plans for features and experiments.
- Closely partner with the Data Engineering team to organize data into a clean and ready state.
- Be the owner of the T in ELT.
- Lead the full cycle of data exploration, starting with hypothesis creation, data cleansing, testing, insight discovery to action planning.
- Provide guidance to the teams across the company on best approaches to harness data in support of business objectives.
- Laying down a foundation to democratize data discovery so less technical members of the team can also derive insights without needing help.
- Present discoveries and recommendations to stakeholders across the company.
- BA or BS in computer science, mathematics and statistics is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in supporting product analytics decisions for web and mobile applications.
- Working experience with analytics projects directly contributing to growth.
- Highly proficient in BI tools such as Tableau or Looker.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience with Data Warehouses such as BigQuery, Snowflake or Redshift is required.
- Working knowledge of product analytics tools such as MixPanel or Amplitude is preferred.
- Excellent communicator, story-teller and proven track record in translating data and insights into practical recommendations.
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages is preferred.
- Working knowledge of DBT is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a fast learner and pick up unfamiliar technologies quickly.
What we offer:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company stock options
- Generous personal time / vacation + sick time + paid holidays + paid birthday
- 401k with company match
- Company paid monthly gym or ClassPass membership
- Free snacks, beverages, catered meals and happy hour events
- Open concept and modern work environment
- An inclusive, tight knit, exciting start-up environment culture that offers accelerated career & personal growt
GoSite is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at GoSite are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.