Data Engineer Consultant
Sia PartnersSia Partners is a next-generation consulting firm focused on delivering superior value and tangible results to its clients as they navigate the digital revolution. We guide their projects and initiatives in strategy, business transformation,...
Sia Partners is a specialist Management Consulting firm in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with approximately 2500 employees and annual revenue exceeding $400m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high-quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients, which include a wide range of multinational companies. Our global presence and our expertise in more than 30 sectors and services allows us to accompany clients worldwide. Using innovative technologies such as our own in-house apps, social networks, and digital tools, we provide a truly integrated global service.
Through Consulting for Good, we put our expertise at the service of our clients' climate objectives and make sustainable development a performance lever for our clients. Our portfolio of offerings is cross-sectors, +60 wide consulting offers and generate 15% of revenues.
The Data Science team is young, diverse and growing. As we are still relatively small you will be in the driver seat to shape its future. We have a flat structure and value the entrepreneurial spirit of our members: initiative is highly encouraged. We are also striving for well-being, diversity and knowledge-sharing inside the team, so that we all grow.
As a Data engineer consultant you will be working on various client projects as well as on building our own Sia AI solutions, together with our French Data Engineering team:
- Cloud Services at GCP, AWS and Azure: architecture choices, use of storage & compute services, cost monitoring and optimisation, role management, Infrastructure as Code
- Docker and Kubernetes: containerisation & orchestration of applications, management of K8s clusters adapted to Data Science workloads
- Python programming: development of server-side tools (bulk data processing, REST API server, authentication, ...)
- CI/CD: managing the integration and ongoing deployment of our applications and internal platforms, supporting the deployment of Data Science projects at our clients' sites
- Data pipelines: development of ETL scripts in Big Data environments
- Infrastructures & Services adapted to Machine Learning: technology watch and implementation of solutions useful to Data Scientists in the learning and provision of their ML models.
- You hold a Master’s Degree with a strong quantitative component (e.g. Econometrics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance)
- You have 1-3 years of relevant experience in Data, DevOps, Cloud or Software Engineering.
- You have a good level in Python and have a solid foundation in other languages. You are familiar with at least one SQL DBMS (ideally PostgreSQL) and ideally noSQL (ideally MongoDB).
- Ideally, you are already familiar with at least one cloud services platform (GCP, AWS, Azure) with experience mixing different services within the same project. If not, you have a strong appetite to learn more about these topics.
- You are comfortable using Docker, automating CI/CD pipelines and have a strong appetite for gaining competence in Kubernetes if you do not yet have experience with this solution.
- You will be able to work in a DevOps culture, taking responsibility for the code lifecycle, from development to deployment and maintenance of applications (mastery of the Gitlab-CE ecosystem is a plus). You are also familiar with Infrastructure as Code concepts and tools (ideally Terraform).
- You are sensitive to security issues and have experience in implementing application protection solutions (certificate management, HTTPS security, OAuth2 authentication, credential management)
- You have excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent English and Dutch verbal and written skills are required.
We are unable to provide a work permit for this position
Non-Dutch speaker will no be accepted
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs Architecture AWS Azure Big Data CI/CD Consulting Consulting firm Data pipelines DevOps Docker Econometrics Engineering ETL Finance GCP GitLab Kubernetes Machine Learning Mathematics ML models MongoDB NoSQL Physics Pipelines PostgreSQL Python REST API Security SQL Statistics Terraform
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal - … Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal - Remote Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 103K - 175K * USD 103K+ *
Data Analyst / Analytics EngineerAgile Computer Science Data analysis Data Studio E-commerce Economics Engineering +11
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Parental leave
Cluj-Napoca, Romania Cluj-Napoca, Romania Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 39K - 73K * USD 39K+ *
Working Student in Machine Learning, Computer Vision & VR, Engineering Center, ClujC++ Computer Vision CUDA Deep Learning Engineering Git Keras +8
Career development Conferences Flex hours Health care Medical leave +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs