HR Data Analyst
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Successful organisations base decisions on good evidence and insights. At Ocado Group we are no different, and as we evolve from innovative retailer to international technology provider we have been transforming our approach to people analytics and insights.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for HR Data Analysts to join our expanding People Insights team supporting across the people function. You will help influence and shape how the business makes decisions about our processes through qualitative and quantitative insights and analytics.
If you are passionate about storytelling through data-led insights, are inspired by seeing your analytical work drive change and excited about helping to transform the people function globally please read on, apply and tell us about your relevant experiences…
What will you be doing
- To provide scalable, repeatable and transferable value adding insights about HR Shared Services and the wider people teams, to support stakeholders globally
- Ensure that the basics of good insights are in place; that data is accurate, relevant and timely and methods are appropriate.
- Producing data sets and presentations to demonstrate delivery against our objectives
- Mature the capability of stakeholders to use data and insights by running regular data insight sessions with a key outcome of upskilling colleagues in analysis of data.
- Delivering people insight solutions relating to various teams across the people function and HR shared services to support decision making.
- Engaging confidently with stakeholders and communicating ideas with conviction, verbally, visually and in writing
- Create processes that provide consistency and support HR shared services and the wider people team.
- Guiding and supporting colleagues to improve the use of people insights
- Providing data dashboards that tell a story of performance and delivery.
- Tracking project progress against workforce plans, including early warning systems and risk management flags
- Proven experience of HR operations analytics, translating data into meaningful insights with technical skills in the manipulation, analysis and visualisation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong interpersonal skills, who can communicate complex information to non-specialists, helping others to make good use of research and data to reach evidence-led decisions.
- Comfortable interacting with and influencing stakeholders at all levels and not solely focused on a technical role.
- Experience of handling large datasets through platforms such as HRIS, CRM and other HR technologies
- Experience of at least one of the following, business intelligence platforms such as Tableau or equivalent, querying relational databases using SQL, knowledge of programming languages such as Python or R, use of BigQuery.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to try and fail quickly, including continuing professional development, particularly in relation to new data analytic tools and methodologies.
- Good understanding of the considerations with data quality and disclosure, and ensuring the quality of results and methodological rigour
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds! All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.