Data Science Lead
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:As a Data Science Lead you will be responsible for envisioning, leading and building an all-star team of Data Scientists working closely with key business and product leaders, analysts and engineers. You will leverage our big data platform and use state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and statistical models to deliver robust and highly scalable algorithmic products and solutions that have a direct impact on our global user base and our business.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Recruit, lead and manage an all-star team of Data Scientists of different seniority levels
- Collaborate with business, product and engineering stakeholders to prioritise the most impactful work and ensure data science needs are accounted for
- Manage the entire lifecycle of your team’s projects; from exploratory analysis to evaluation, deployment and iteration
- Create the channels and tools for communicating results and monitor key metrics
- Lead by example and motivate your team while bringing in new ideas on how to improve their ways of working
- Ship fast and often measuring the impact using a robust experimentation framework
- Coach and mentor your team to advance his career and improve their professional skills
- Act as data science evangelist, proactively looking for new opportunities to impact the business using data science tools and promoting its adoption
- Act as data translator, being able to connect business problems with technical solutions and to architect them to be implemented by your team
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, managing a data science team (5+ people) or multiple data science projects. Preferably in the digital/tech space
- 2+ years of strong hand-ons experience as an individual contributor in industry or academia
- Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in at-least one of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, decision theory, mathematical optimisation
- Demonstrable experience at productizing models; from inception to deployment
- Knowledge and experience working with modern machine learning platforms & deployment technologies/vendors. (MLFlow, SageMaker, etc.)
- Strong Python knowledge; can write, inspect and review code
- Good understanding of modern application and data stacks (Microservices, Event Streaming, Data Lakes, Container-orchestration)
- Experience with big data (e.g. Scala and Spark) and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Databricks)
- Experience in start-up and/or R&D environments
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English)
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of November 30, 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Western Asia, and Africa.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/