Machine Learning Developer
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Machine Learning Developer
Job location: our office in Toronto, Canada
Who we are looking for
All aspects of the software development life cycle are familiar to you. You are passionate about shipping large-scale software systems in a fast-paced environment but are able to balance longer term issues such as maintainability, scalability and quality. You have a strong interest and experience in machine learning having worked with machine learning and data analysis libraries such as pandas, scikit-Learn, XGBoost, lightGBM and Tensorflow.
You treat data as a first class citizen whether that the data comes from a data warehouse, object storage or output of a model. You’re fluent in Python and SQL and have hands-on experience with big data. You love learning about new technologies whether they be in the ML or data space but are pragmatic and discerning about which technologies you adopt in your system.
As an excellent communicator, you’ll work with other like-minded individuals to come up with creative solutions to our retail and data science problems interfacing with all aspects of the company from product to data science to engineering. Your primary focus is on providing value to and supporting our clients ML requirements, by asking the right questions, distilling the problem and coming up with creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field with focus in machine learning.
- Strong software engineering skills and understanding of the ML lifecycle with a minimum of 2 year experience in software development.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Fluent in processing data with pandas (e.g. querying, transforming, joining, cleaning, etc.) including experience debugging logic.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work in Linux environments with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker) in the cloud.
Nice to have
- Retail business background.
- Machine learning dev-ops experience with major cloud providers (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform).
- Shipping ML solutions and supporting them in production
- Working experience with Pyspark
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com