Quantitative Research Director - Big Data
London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Quantitative Research Director - Big Data based in London to join our Product team in building a new big data platform to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
We are committed to diversity and are committed to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious Quantitative Research Director - Big Data to help our team of world class engineers, data scientists and commercial executives develop a big data platform on top of our existing Causal AI platform for time series. You’ll wear many hats, serving as the internal and external evangelist for our product offering. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build a new big data platform from scratch on a green-field basis, shaping the direction of the product development
- Lead a growing team of software developers
- Communicate with users to scope and prioritize work items based on business and customer impact, gain a deep understanding of customer experience. Customers will include top hedge funds, Asset Managers, banks as well as enterprises across many verticals.
- Identify and fill product gaps, solicit and capture new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth
- Coordinate tasks with the development team and support marketing/sales teams in the effective commercialisation of our product
- Make decisions on product design / API design in line with user requirements
The CompanyCurrent machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
As well as the opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, international team that is passionate about innovation and making a difference, we have competitive remuneration and pension benefits plus:
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses,
conferences and book budget
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Active social calendar including regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Encouragement of a great work/life balance that includes flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas,
growth and enthusiasm!
Our interview process consists of screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.
- Strong academic record (MEng, MSci, EngD or PhD)
- Knowledge of the finance data ecosystem
- Experience in building internal quant research platforms or data lakes.
- Ability to manage a software team to effectively build a new product
- High integrity and drive
- Naturally curious and effective problem solver
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment
- Ideally you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered
- Previous product management experience
- Previous experience or interest in capital markets and quantitative finance
- Hands-on experience solving complex data science and predictive analytics problems
- User experience design skills