New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a dedicated Data Scientist who has experience sorting, analyzing, and delivering relevant information from massive amounts of unstructured data. You will have experience analyzing data, asking, and answering data-driven and key product/business questions. You will have experience building and integrating Deep Learning and Machine Learning models for production and communicating results to stakeholders from different groups. You will work with engineers, product managers and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data science skills. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products.
- Iterate quickly while making savvy choices in implementing approaches to analyze massive amounts of data.
- Work directly on all aspects of Data Science problems with other group members: from inception (brainstorming), to data exploration and implementation of methods created in-house, to productionizing approaches to apply our AI models.
- Work as a liaison between the AI Group and our team of Domain Experts in defining the right problems to address and in rapidly answering data-driven questions on impactful real-world events.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- M.S. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer science or a related field. Ph.D. studies in any field a plus (Math, Statistics, Physics, etc.).
- 2+ years of work experience in machine learning required (NLP, Computer Vision).
- Experience in Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative results in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-BM