Data Scientist, Product Analytics
New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Data Scientist, Product Analytics to join our Data team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar is restructuring health care to make it easy, affordable, and seamless for consumers to access high value care. Oscar’s data team is focused on pushing our understanding of this complex landscape. Insurance companies sit on a trove of data that is both broad and deep, spanning financial claims, clinical medical records, and rich product interaction data from our members. Connecting the dots across these datasets gives us unique insight into how the healthcare system functions and allows us to improve care coordination, better manage risk, build higher-performing provider networks, and create a standout consumer experience in our product. At Oscar, we are looking for bright and curious data minded individuals to join our team of 30+ researchers, data scientists, and analysts to leverage our efforts!
In this role, you’ll provide key data science and analytical partnership to the product teams that build care planning and search tools.
You will report into a Senior Data Scientist.
- Construct source of truth datasets describing product interactions and evaluate the impact of product engagement on member care journeys
- Size opportunities to influence member care journeys, including forecasting product feature adoption and modelling associated savings
- Design experiments to optimize user interfaces and search ranking strategies
- Define, implement, and monitor key performance metrics for product teams
- You have 4+ years of relevant work experience or a Master’s degree in a quantitative field with 2+ years of experience
- You use data science tools like SQL and Python
- You are able to navigate between high level strategic thinking and granular methods of problem solving
- You’re excited about being a decision-maker and a leader on the team
- You know when to look outside the data to solve problems
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.