Senior Data Analyst
New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
- You're an experienced and technical Senior Data Analyst interested in applying your quantitative skills to challenging questions within a data-intensive, information SAAS business that drives innovation across multiple sectors.
- You have worked closely with senior executives in a highly analytical role (data analysis and visualization, business or marketing analysis, optimization problems) understanding and refining key metrics and their relationships to measure business success.
- You develop warm relationships with stakeholders and enjoy helping them understand metric trade-offs as you drive influential decisions forward and create impactful change.
- You excel when you are extracting meaning from complex and big datasets and you have ample technical experience with optimizing SQL, BI platforms, and using Python and R to transform granular event data into aggregated insights [bonus for experience with Spark, SCALA, Redshift, Vertica or Presto].
- You have a bias towards action, and are not afraid to rollup your sleeves and build the datasets you need to support your work.
- You communicate your insights both verbally and visually, you are comfortable managing your own work while juggling multiple priorities in a rapidly-growing organization and you naturally build effective partnerships across organizational and functional boundaries in order to deliver high-quality and impactful results.
Data Analysts at Dataminr continuously improve the accuracy and efficiency of our analytics and reporting infrastructure. We drive process optimizations forward and provide an analytical framework for the insights that inform product, marketing, sales, and business decisions across the company. This is an opportunity to shape the next generation of our analytics platform including the evaluation of AI features. You’ll work to refine what we measure and how we interpret and use that data to inform business decisions. To do this, you'll use a combination of 3rd party and homegrown BI tooling to transform raw data into meaningful insights informed by best practices in data governance and analytical techniques. You’ll identify metrics that enable high quality understanding of the performance of the company’s key initiatives and then work with our BI and Analytics Engineers to implement the corresponding custom metrics, dashboards and tooling that measure and track performance. You’ll work with individual teams to enhance their use of data to improve efficiencies and you’ll continually teach what you learn to others.
In the first month, you will:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- Get up to speed on our company metrics, our data structures and our BI tooling with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- Contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Help to plan new metrics and refinements to existing metrics.
- Share responsibility for BI projects with other members of your team.
- Begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our BI strategy.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Own BI initiatives that impact multiple teams.
- Be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our BI tooling.
- Bring new ideas to our engineering and BI processes to help us improve constantly.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive critical projects
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-BM