Product Data Analyst
Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 8 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 14 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
The Product Innovation and Optimisation team focuses on customer experience and the design, test and implementation of new products at HelloFresh. As the Product Data Analyst you will provide data-driven insights to inform and drive improvements across our business.
This is an exciting cross functional role with excellent development opportunities and the chance to engage in complex commercial and analytical business questions. The data and insights from your work will lead directly to business outcomes and you will be a central part of improving our product and customer experience!
- Contribute to the product & customer analytics roadmap, balancing regular reporting, automation and strategic projects/ analysis
- Use data extraction programming languages and visualization tools (SQL, Tableau, Excel) to extract the data and provide accurate reporting
- Use analytical and statistical tools and models (Linear Optimization, A/B testing, regression analysis, statistical inference) to provide business-oriented insights and data-driven guidance for decision making, as well as to understand & forecast product performance and customer behaviour
- Analyse business processes and use data to make recommendations that lead directly to process improvements and more informed decision making
- Support in the prioritisation of projects by scoping the feasibility, accuracy levels and complexity of all data-related requests
- Extract, use and manipulate data to develop and back up business-cases in terms of profitability and customer satisfaction
- Be responsible for implementing functional & creative solutions in terms of reporting and data management that align with the product portfolio expansion
- Provide training on data extraction and database management while onboarding new team members
- Take a logical approach to problem solving
- Support and challenge Project Managers in the ideation, implementation and review of products from a data analytics perspective
- Work in a cross functional team supporting Product, Marketing, Ops, Culinary, Finance and other departments
- A Degree from a top-tier university (preferably in Business, Data, Computer Engineering, Science or Economics)
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in consulting, data or commercial roles
- A strong analytical and commercial mindset
- A detailed knowledge of analytical tools and models (Linear Optimization, A/B testing, regression analysis) and the ability to mobilize them to answer broad business questions in a logical approach
- A strong knowledge of basic querying languages (SQL), database management and data visualization softwares (Tableau, PowerBI)
- A strong knowledge of Excel (functions, pivot tables, data visualization)
- The ability to manage a project from start to finish and deliver on time
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Data-driven in your approach
- Highly motivated by a fast-paced culture of continuous feedback, growth and healthy debate
- Able to conceptualise complex business questions and processes into simple analytical models
- Able to interpret data and provide key commercial insights
- Proactive, confident and able to quickly build a network of key stakeholders
What you’ll get in return...
- Significantly discounted HelloFresh boxes
- The opportunity to get into one of the fastest growing food businesses in Australia
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning with room for personal growth
- Work with a fun, energetic and supportive team
Start Date: December 2020
Location: Chippendale Head Office - currently partly working from home
Important: Please be aware of the current travel restrictions. Australia has now officially closed its borders for anyone not holding a AU passport or Residency. This is a drastic measure installed by the government to reduce the chance of COVID-19. Therefore at this stage we are only considering applicants who are currently based in Australia and who are eligible to work full time.
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.