Data Science Manager, Community Experience
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 450 million users together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
As a data science manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of data scientists who transform, analyze, and interpret data, and design and interpret experiments to help drive business decisions and understanding of Reddit’s content ecosystem and core community products. Your team will work with product, engineering, research, and community to investigate user behavior and provide deep insights to drive action on the platform.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit is home to thousands of communities, endless conversation, and authentic human connection. Whether you're into breaking news, sports, TV fan theories, or a never-ending stream of the internet's cutest animals, there's a community on Reddit for you. We are the 6th most trafficked site on the internet and as such generate an enormous volume of content and activity on a daily basis. The decisions your team drives will influence the very foundations of Reddit’s core product and affect the experience of millions of users on a daily basis.
In your role as the manager of Community Experience Data Science, you will be a key player in measuring the growth, health and diversity of Reddit’s content ecosystem; developing and improving modern rich media content formats; and working with community managers and Reddit moderators. You will be instrumental in helping Reddit reach its goal of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and implement strategies that create a strong data-informed approach to growing Reddit’s communities and content
- Engage across the spectrum, from offering guidance to product, engineering and design leaders about metric choices and operating to helping guide front-line employees trying to drive outcomes via the many tools that Data Science has to offer.
- Guide the evolution of our data models and schemas based on changing business and engineering needs.
- Hire, develop and mentor data scientists
- Lead initiatives that help drive better understanding of the fundamental truths about our users, our content and our platform.
Who You Might Be:
- 1+ years of experience building and leading data teams.
- 5+ years of experience driving insights on consumer products through analysis and modeling.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, and product.
- Strong experience in data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), data warehousing, and experimentation platforms.
- Expertise in designing and communication of dashboards and reports.