Cloud Data Engineer
The Cloud Data Engineer will play a critical role on helping Lab49’s clients design and execute their transitions to cloud based data. Working in a collaborative and innovative project team, with direct client-facing interactions, the Cloud Data Engineer will apply the skills and expertise to create secure and performant cloud-based data strategies leveraging the latest in technological options.
- Design and build cloud-based advanced data strategies
- Design and execute migration paths and validation, inclusive of parallel runs
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create data strategies based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant solutions
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Oversee development teams in deploying and validating of data strategies and understanding concerns such as provenance, discovery, entitlement and performance of data delivery.
- Work with development engineers to track down defects
- Actively contribute to improving software prior to distribution to Lab49’s client’s clients
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends
- Experiment with and learn new technologies
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven software design and development capability for data-driven projects
- Experience with cloud-based data technologies such as Elastic/Lucne, S3, RDS, RedShift, Dynamo, Snowflake
- Experience working distributed compute modalities with HDFS, Spark
- Working knowledge of the general cloud-data landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent experience
Job tags: HDFS Redshift Spark
Job region(s): North America