Discovery Breeder Data Scientist (H/F) - CDI
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
As part of our activities in EAME, we are looking for a Discovery Breeding Data Scientist Corn EAME (M/F)
The Discovery Breeding Data Scientist contributes to the breeding pipeline by designing, testing, and implementing innovative breeding methodologies to introgress diversity into Elite germplasm and accelerate breeding pipeline. The Discovery Breeding Data Scientist supports the Discovery Breeding team to deliver enriched competitive germplasm to Market Segment Team breeders.
In collaboration with regional and global Discovery Breeders, Breeders, Product Positioning Scientists, Applied Genetic and Data Scientists, Analytics & Data Science, she/he will develop, test and implement innovative molecular breeding and data management strategies to increase genetic gain and achieve commercial goals based on targeted product profiles.
The job is offered on a permanent contract, based in our Toulouse Innovation Center, France, Saint Sauveur (31).
This position requires business trips in Europe (up to 5% for field visits and workshops), and occasionally Worldwide.
Start date : June 2023
Sites not accessible by public transport.
You design optimized strategy for identification, evaluation, and introgression of novel sources of valuable genetic diversity. You contribute to the development of customized training sets and deployment of genomic selection for exotic haplotype introgression in the discovery breeding program.
You support Discovery Breeders for defining and optimizing field testing design, data collection and data analysis of inbred and hybrid agronomic data for product advancement decision.
You support the design, development, implementation, and execution of technical projects and new breeding and analytics methodologies to accelerate genetic gain. In conjunction with analytics and data science team, you develop new analytical methods for quantitatively measuring, prescribing, and characterizing functional genetic diversity at key points of the breeding pipeline.
You work in diverse, cross-collaborative and agile teams with plant breeders, applied genetic scientists, data scientists, computational biologists, and IT; on Regional (EAME) and Global (Worldwide) levels and with external partners.
You consistently document and communicate results of research on data mining, analysis, and modelling approaches to ensure strategic forward planning and alignment within and across teams.
- Ph.D. degree in quantitative genetics with 3 years’ experience minimum, or equivalent experience, in either a commercial or academic Plant Breeding setting.
- Strong experience working with molecular marker-based studies applied to breeding, such as marker-assisted selection, genome-wide phenotype-to-genotype association, and genomic selection.
- Successful quantitative genetics and genomic selection implementation in breeding programs.
- Demonstrated experience in data science for qualitative and quantitative variables using most advanced algorithms. Strong coding skills of end to end pipeline in R and/or Python with some experience in visualization tools/applications Rshiny, Tableau …
- Project management experience in a team-oriented atmosphere; ability to develop and adhere to a budget.
- Experience in operating independently in a complex matrix environment.
- Well-developed private and academic scientific network.
- Fluent in English mandatory, to involve in our international company. Intermediate French level appreciate.
Syngenta s'engage pour la Diversité. Nous encourageons toutes les candidatures indépendamment de l'origine sociale et culturelle, de l'âge, du genre, du handicap, de l'orientation sexuelle ou des croyances religieuses.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Data analysis Data management Data Mining Genetics Python R Research Tableau Testing
Perks/benefits: Career development Startup environment
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom London, England, United Kingdom Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 120K * USD 56K+ *
Senior Data ScientistBayesian Computer Science Deep Learning E-commerce Engineering Feature engineering Finance +10
Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Salary bonus +1
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 120K * USD 56K+ *
Data Scientist - Content GenerationArchitecture Computer Vision DALL-E Deep Learning Git GPT GPT-3 +9
Career development Competitive pay Gear Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs