Senior Data Scientist
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Why This Job is Excellent:
We are looking for an exceptional data-driven individual to join our Data Science group. The successful candidate will report to Director of Data Science in the B2B organization and will be responsible for optimizing existing monetization strategies and identifying new revenue growth opportunities. Located in our Needham HQ office, this role will be focused on driving the analysis of user behavior on our site and coming up with new models and algorithms to grow our revenue. This is a tremendous chance to make largest travel site in the world even better, while enjoying the energy and rapid pace of a startup. This role requires very strong emphasis on data analysis and advanced analytics.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Perform data analysis to support key decision making to evaluate opportunities for revenue optimization.
- Oversee full lifecycle of analytical model development to optimize traffic monetization
- Develop predictive models for user engagement and buying behaviour.
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth via user segmentation and personalized recommendations.
- Mentor junior team members
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to create product requirements and specification documents for new features and products
What We Seek:
- A results-oriented person who thrives on data and measurements.
- Ability to derive practical solutions to business problems from not-always-perfect data of formidable size.
- Proven track record of translating business needs into data-driven solutions.
- Demonstrated ability of communicating complex analytical issues to technical and business audiences
- Proficiency in data transformation, cleansing and interpretation.
- Expert SQL skills and experience with Big Data stack (Hadoop/Hive/Pig/Spark/etc.).
- Masters/Ph.D. in quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience is required
- Proficiency with statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Ability to work well with colleagues across multiple global offices.
- Significant experience with eCommerce, display advertising, audience segmentation, classification, online auctions, A/B testing, or marketing analytics is strongly preferred