Data Analytics Intern (Summer 2021)
Redwood City, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Poshmark is seeking Data Analytics Interns for Summer 2021. We are a rapidly growing multi-platform social fashion marketplace and working on interesting data science problems to improve user experiences. The role will be dynamic and varied, requiring a versatile self-starter willing to dive in to multiple initiatives. Over the next 10 weeks the intern can expect to become deeply involved in exploring and implementing analytics solutions that may run in production.
Our goal is to give the intern exposure to a range of data analysis/data science techniques and current big data technologies, through the experience of applying them to the multi-platform social marketplace dynamics. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to implement solutions that may run in production, at scale.
What you’ll potentially be working on:
- Focus on data analytics and modeling problems aimed to grow & optimize performance in one of these areas: Growth, Marketplace Operations, Product, Community Service etc.
- Sample problems:
- Product engagement & conversion optimization, customer lifetime value modeling, spend & campaign optimization
- Marketplace demand & supply analysis
- New business opportunity & feasibility analysis
- Applying a range of analytic approaches including clustering, segmentation and regression
What To Expect:
- Exposure: Being a rapidly growing social fashion marketplace gives employees the opportunity to work in a Start-Up environment and focus on deeply interesting work that you wouldn’t get to do anywhere else. Prepare to make a large scale impact in a short amount of time.
- Professional Development: Participate in weekly team meetings, an opportunity to find a good balance of working independently and in teams formed across multiple business units, develop knowledge of multiple areas of social marketplace, interact with leadership team;
- Mentorship: Look forward to one-on-one time with dedicated managers and mentors to facilitate your growth throughout the summer internship experience.
- Have fun: Virtual team events
What we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in an MS or PhD program in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Statistics or a related field
- Intermediate to advanced SQL coding skills. Working level skills in Python and/or R. Need to be able to pull your own big volume data, process it and create visualizations and reports.
- Sound understanding of applied math topics such as probability and statistics, linear algebra, hypotheses testing and basic optimization techniques.
- Working knowledge of algorithms, machine learning, data mining, statistics, applied mathematics or similar field.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; Being a team player is a must
- Passion for consumer experience, a desire to go into uncharted territory with bold new ideas, and a willingness to go the last mile on execution