Senior Data Analyst - Chatbot
Posted 1 month ago
At Shopee, we are developing the-state-of-the-art technology to satisfy the needs of our millions of customers every day. More importantly, thanks to the AI technology, we have been building the customer service chatbots to automatically answer customers’ questions and solve their problems and concerns. Being the first contact point for the customers when they need help, the chatbot becomes part of customers' e-commerce experience that Shopee takes very seriously, therefore we are expanding the team drastically to build next generation products.
In this role you will help to design and evaluate the text-based chatbot models using the latest Natural Language Processing tools. You will be responsible for ensuring that the chatbot projects are executed flawlessly and then continuously optimised and extended to maximise success. Success in this role will encompass adding value in every interaction, continuously optimising the user experience and knowledge sharing with engineers, stakeholders and managers. It will lead us to better understand the value of their interactive technologies, too.
At this level, a technically competent individual who is able to bridge the gap between operational and technical conversations dependant on the audience. Through design flare, analysis and research this role will provide product managers, business stakeholders and engineers with continually optimised conversational technologies that will not only improve Customer Experience but also maximise the ROI.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and work with data engineers to optimize the data flow from raw data into data marts
- Built integrated and accurate metrics system and generated data reports for business insights and strategy decisions for the chatbot project;
- Proactively engage with stakeholders and product teams to ensure that all data is up to date according to the latest feature developments
- Designed and created BI self-service tools (collaborated with the development team), such as data querying robot, data alert system, dashboards, etc. to improve analysis efficiency and help product managers to improve core metrics.
- Analyze performance, test, learn and iterate chatbot models; analyze end user feedback
- Review / Present performance with stakeholders and work on improvements Innovation and research
- Research and build novel data-driven system, like chatbot's pre-warning system, with engineers & PMs to add value to the stakeholders
Required skills, experience & knowledge
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics, Statistics or equivalent commercial experience in Linguistics, Human Computer Interaction, AI, NLP, etc.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, business data analysis, comparable experience in other data-drive environment
- Passion for innovation in customer service using digital and non-traditional methods
- Experience of acting under own initiative to ensure projects stay on-track and on-budget
- Articulate and empathetic in all types of communication, able to handle bad news and to rectify complex situations
- Highly proficient in Excel and hands-on experience with large amounts of data using SQL, Python, Pyspark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Experience in e-commerce or the internet industry
Desirable skills, experience & knowledge
- Experience with AI and Natural Language Processing technologies such as Google DialogFlow or other chat bot products is desirable
- Experience on chatbot and/or any NLP solutions is desirable but not necessary;
- Prompt scripting, like python and R, and persona design
- Strong attention to detail