Finance Data Analyst - Growth and Forecasting
Posted 1 month ago
What you’ll be doing:
At TransferWise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Finance Data Analyst to join our Growth and Forecasting team. The team is responsible for ensuring that we grow sustainably. Your role within the Growth and Forecasting team will be to use data and models to help understand TransferWise’s financial growth and shape strategy.
At TransferWise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder. You’ll need to:
- Own the data — you are responsible for the data pipeline that powers the forecasting models, the analysis, and the dashboards
- Through analysis and modelling, you’ll be building a solid understanding on the relationships between the behaviour of our customers and our growth drivers
- Drive the development of technically advanced, robust, and accurate statistical/machine learning forecasting models
- Create data driven stories that explain our growth and that are shared internally with employees and externally to our investors
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team can have more impact
The experience you’ll need:
- You have 3-6+ years’ experience as a technical data analyst or data scientist
- You’ve got very strong SQL (e.g. UDF, window functions) and solid Python skills, you have prototyped data analytics products (packages, Apps, dashboards) in Python or R
- You have built statistical models before, you have experience with data preprocessing techniques, EDA on large datasets, feature engineering techniques, model evaluation and productionizing/deployment
- You have a solid understanding of statistics, you know how to evaluate model performance and uncertainty, you can perform hypothesis testing, you can evaluate the pros and cons of the algorithms you’re familiar with
- You have used data analysis and modeling to generate insights and narratives through exploration and visualization, you are familiar with data visualization software and packages
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions. You’re pragmatic and impact focused: you will choose Excel over Python if it is a better solution for the problem
- You’ve worked with minimal direction before and are strong in structuring your approach to data analysis. You can communicate insights in a clear and structured manner both orally and in writing
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, whose roles in the Finance team includes Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.