Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1171
Location: Calgary or Edmonton
Apply by: December 17, 2020
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Keith HIll
As ATB Wealth’s next Data Analyst you will use computer science driven methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data and deliver relevant reporting. Combines a variety of data delivery methods to derive better insights about our customers and our business for use by stakeholders. This reporting supports the system of customer obsession in delivering the best experiences for our customer. They also deliver value to ATB by providing improved technical capabilitites that provide predictive insights, grow ATB's customers, and create new efficiencies.
Data Analyst Accountabilities:
- Collect and make sense of large amounts of unruly data and through data transformation and visualization.
- Develop and maintain reporting, dashboards, and data visualizations for key stakeholders, including our advisors, senior leadership, and executives.
- Support and correct errors within operational processes that impact data delivery.
- Solve business-related problems using data-driven techniques.
- Work with a variety of programming languages, including SQL and Python.
- Stay on top of new analytical and big data techniques.
- Work with business stakeholders to enhance and optimize existing reporting, models, and metrics.
- Communicate and collaborate with both internal technology teams and other AOE's
- Support and deploy research and insight functions through applied manipulation of data that enable ongoing studies and ad hoc research.
- Identify opportunities to expand or encourage the use of data to benefit ATB Wealth and our customers.
- Deliver an excellent experience to our internal clients and stakeholders.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong foundation of technical knowledge and data literacy (coding, databases, or data analysis).
- Ability to independently determine best approaches, assess new technology and deliver results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively to understand the needs and requirements of a variety of stakeholders to best meet the needs of business.
- Excellent problem solving skills and adaptability to an evolving data environment.
- Experience with or willingness to learn detailed financial and investment concepts and how they are reflected in and interact with data.
- Degree in computer science, statistics, math, or a related field is required.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a related role.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL is required.
- Experience or certification with Tableau, GCP, or SQL Server Reporting Services is an asset.
- Experience in an investment or financial environment is an asset.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!