Computer Vision and Deep Learning Intern
Title: Computer Vision and Deep Learning Intern
Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: Mobile Processor Innovation Lab
Location: Plano, TX
Lab/Position Summary: MPI is looking for the best and the brightest Researchers/Engineers who share our passion for creating ground breaking technology and services on AI camera (imaging and computer vision) technologies.
You will be responsible for innovating and developing mobile camera differentiation by bringing groundbreaking AI and camera (imaging, computer vision) technologies into flagship Samsung phones – S series, N series, and F series.
The projects at MPI lab are part of Samsung Mobile’s global R&D effort and have direct impact on future Samsung Mobile products reaching millions of users worldwide.
- Develop innovative algorithms, AI network (architecture and design), training data, and solution development for mobile camera differentiation in Galaxy mobile camera
- Work on AI camera prototype development for future Samsung’s mobile products
- Develop efficient and user-friendly SW architecture and frameworks for heterogeneous multimedia processing and prototypes for Samsung mobile platform
- Collaborate with various internal R&D members to explore technical requirements and develop solutions to challenging engineering problems for next-generation mobile camera & vision applications
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or a similar technical degree.
- Course-work on AI/Deep learning, embedded system, and imaging/computer vision algorithms
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with team members
- Hands-on experience such as AI, imaging algorithm, computer vision algorithm, camera hardware, camera system, or software is helpful
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.