Huntsville, Alabama, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist with IBM you'll, under general direction, apply knowledge of mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. You'll also evaluate accuracy and quality of data sources, as well as the designed models. In addition, you'll evaluate new and existing data sources, processes, and architecture to develop recommendations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Actived DoD Secret clearance.
- Requires a Masters degree with 10 years' experience or Bachelors degree with 12 years'.
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics, predictive analytics, mathematics, statistics, or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience developing predictive or statistical models such as regressions, decision trees, neural networks, simulations, and/or optimizations.
- 4+ years of experience using SPSS, SAS, R, Python, or similar.
- 3+ years years of demonstrated skill and experience in analyzing data using Excel or other methods.
- 3+ years of experience in data preparation, manipulation, and cleansing, in particular for large datasets.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience in understanding unclear customer requirements and how they translate into technical tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in conveying complex technical topics to non-technical personnel.
- Experience managing teams of 5 or more data scientists, developers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with business owners to translate business problems into technical solutions.
- DoD experience/background.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Data Analytics Open Source Python R Research
Job region(s): North America