Data Engineer Warsaw Poland
WHAT IS BOX?Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organisations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal. It is with that backdrop that we are opening our newest engineering office in Warsaw, Poland! In order to transform the way people and organisations work, we need to rapidly bring to market new products and features. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. WHY BOX NEEDS YOU Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernise the ways they work. As the leader in Cloud Content Management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are defining a brand new market for Cloud Content Management. Through our continued innovation, we have developed a set of solutions that allow organisations to more effectively manage their content, collaborate with employees and customers, and utilise our best in breed platform to develop their own applications. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as the leaders in this space, and we need strong sellers who can help us realise that goal. By joining Box, you will have the opportunity to help capture the majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will create and maintain optimal data structures and data pipelines for reporting, analytics and data science.
- You will work closely with business users and analysts to gather requirements, run POCs and come up with solutions.
- You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements - automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, ensuring data quality and integrity, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark.
- You will work with business stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- You have thorough understanding of data warehousing concepts, ETL and data modelling
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining scalable data pipelines
- You have hands-on experience with non-relational technologies like Hadoop and Spark (development experience in these environments highly desirable)
- You are proficient in SQL and at least 1 scripting/programming language (Python preferred)
- You have hands-on experience with MPP databases and query optimisation (AWS Redshift preferred)
- If you just read the above and got a chill down your spine because of how well it described you, then we definitely need to talk!
Job tags: AWS Big Data Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Hadoop MPP Python Redshift Spark SQL
Job region(s): Europe