Machine Learning Engineer
New York, New York
Posted 1 month ago
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, enable smarter business decisions, and drive innovations company-wide. Your team will provide accurate, actionable analysis, build sophisticated data products, and develop machine learning models that strengthen our competitive advantage.
In this role, you’ll work with a modern data stack including GCP/Bigquery, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow and Segment. You’ll analyze tough problems, build models that enable high-quality decision making, and ship products that enable a personalized, frictionless customer experience. This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders across the business to understand our strategy and desired customer experience, then deliver high-impactful data products, machine learning models, and analyses that bring our strategy to life
- Work directly with our culinary innovation team to build models and data visualization tools that leverage our rich dataset (customer preferences, order behavior, and engagement data) to inform our assortment roadmap
- Collaborate with our marketing leaders to refine our attribution, media mix, and LTV models, enabling high-quality decision-making within our marketing organization
- Maintain and refine our existing recommendations engine to support our rapidly evolving personalization strategy
- Communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Ship data products to production by working closely with our software engineering team
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related quantitative discipline. Masters or PhD a plus.
- Strong Python and SQL background
- Experience digging deep into data, creating expressive easy-to-understand visualizations
- Experience building machine learning models and putting them into production
- Understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), and how software scales
- Understanding of statistics and experimental design
- Strong grasp of data warehouse management, ETL and development of scalable analytics schemas
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
Good to Have:
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.