Watson Health- Data Specialist (Early Professional)
Denver, Colorado, US
Posted 1 month ago
In the Information Age, data is the most valuable resource. If you can describe yourself as the powerful combination of data hacker, analyst, communicator, and advisor, our Data Specialist position is the right one for you. As a savvy liaison for our teams, you will create solutions and provide actionable insights that shape the future of our business.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and enters time-sensitive clinical and pricing information into a database that is used to support multiple products
- Performs data normalization prior to data entry by using controlled terminology and by following strict editorial procedures
- Reviews content created by other editors and provides verbal and written feedback to improve quality and consistency of content
- Researches and resolves internal and external inquiries requiring domain expertise
- Performs quality control testing of IBM Watson Health products; assists with development of quality assurance protocols
- Researches and contacts multiple sources to obtain required documentation
- May provide support to other departments and business units as required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to apply pharmacy knowledge and experience in critical thinking and problem-solving; ability to recognize discrepancies in data
- Ability to solve problems, independently organize work, and perform multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with management and other team members
- Solid knowledge of internet searching and pharmaceutical terminology
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Adobe Professional)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Pharmacy technician certification plus 2 year’s related work experience or 4 year’s related work experience
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Consulting Security
Job region(s): North America