Βeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes. Beat’s mission is to become part of people’s everyday life by making transportation more affordable, convenient, efficient and safe, while providing enormous economic opportunities to thousands of people who wish to earn extra income as drivers.
Beat is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. The app was founded in Athens, Greece, starting its life as “TaxiBeat”. Within 3 years of operations in the Greek capital, Beat extended its service in Latin America, starting from Peru. Today, it’s the fastest growing ride-hailing service in this region, serving millions of rides every day.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia and Mexico and has a Tech Innovation and Engineering Hub in the Netherlands.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist with a focus on economics to work on our core products helping shape supply and demand. You will work on some of our most challenging problems Beat is working on today, relating to price, dispatching and ride UX. The perfect candidate has a background in a quantitative field and has some experience in data-driven decision making. You embrasse moving quickly and drive your idea forward independently.
If you’re a strategic thinker who is excited to deep-dive into a dynamic marketplace data and who can support Beat to be the best it can be for its customers, business growth & efficiency, we want to hear from you. This is a unique opportunity to influence decision making in one of the fastest growing ride-hailing apps in the Latin America. You will report directly to the Head of Marketplace Operations.
What you’ll do:
This role gives you the freedom to explore our massive wealth of data, flexing your analytical and hypothesis generating skills. You’ll apply your skills in data exploration, experimentation and economics to optimise our marketplace including Pricing strategy, Dispatch & Ride UX
- Partner with our local teams to test prices, dispatching and routine to achieve marketplace equilibrium
- Influence our product teams to understand the supply and demand ecosystem and help build our product roadmap
- Developing & Apply new ways to evaluate our decisions, helping Beat become faster and more efficient in our decisions
What do you need to have
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Knowledge of econometrics (e.g Regression discontinuity design, Instrumental variables)
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and/or Economists
- If you don’t have a lot of work experience: Ph.D. Graduate or Masters Degree graduate, in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics or Physics
- Ideally ; Strong SQL and scripting knowledge in Python
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to join a scaling successful business and at the same time still get a lot of freedom in your job. Actually we will expect you to approach things differently and beyond regular.
- You will join a team of people who grow this business as their own and are inspired by the idea of creating the best user experience in the world.
- You will be part of an environment which gives you unlimited opportunities for growth professionally and personally.
- And of course, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities, together with competitive salary and benefits, including flexible working hours and an amazing workspace.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.