Graduate Data Scientist – 2021 Intake
Theale, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Graduate Data Scientist to innovate, win, and grow with us at our UK Head Office in Theale.
As a member of the Data Science team, you will be actively working in the fields of digital payments and cyber fraud. As a graduate trainee, you will receive a balanced combination of business and machine learning exposures and will be encouraged to define your own mini-projects as well as contribute to the ongoing work-flow.
How you’ll contribute:
- Process massive amounts of structured and unstructured data using SQL/Python
- Meeting the Commercial Product Manager to review in-product machine learning features for an upcoming launch
- Writing SQL queries to extract data from the analytics Data Warehouse for client reporting
- Working with DevOps engineers on ETL pipelines for the in-house Data Science API
- Training machine learning models to build recommendation engines across the existing product modules
What will make you successful:
- Experience with major programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java
- Comfortable working in the command line
- Understanding of the full software development life-cycle (conduct data analysis and build large-scale machine-learning models/pipelines)
- Ability to prototype statistical analysis algorithms
- Experience in coding structures for storing and processing complex, high volume, and multi-dimensional data
What’s in it for you:
- Bottomline Graduate Scheme – join with a group of 15-20 other recent graduates and kick off your career learning about all aspects of Bottomline including but not limited to line of business overviews and continued learning and development sessions
- Career Prospects – our graduates quickly become vital to Bottomline’s success and have clear career progression in front of them.
- Competitive Benefits – 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, Pension, Salary Extras (discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets & more)
- Exceptional Culture – amazing and supportive people, beautiful office space and challenging work
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.