Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an ETL Developer, you will be responsible for designing and creating the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions in the company. After the groundwork has been laid, developers also must test their designs to ensure the system runs smoothly.
- Expert in setting up effective pipelines to capture data from multiple sources into the enterprise centric storage.
- Comfortable in building effective analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into data synchronization, reporting, operational efficiency and related areas.
- Consulting with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data storage needs.
- Presenting the company with warehousing options based on their storage needs.
- Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Extracting company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment.
- Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred. T
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise. Providing maintenance support
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in ETL technologies like DataStage, Informatica,
- Proven experience in enterprise data lakes, data analytics, reporting, in-memory data handling, enterprise integration tools, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge in Cloud native technologies like Spark, Kafka, Dockers,
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Kafka Spark
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific