Security Protections - Software Engineer, Security Data Engineering
Distributed, AMER | Distributed EMEA
Posted 1 month ago
The Elastic Security Data Engineering team designs, builds, and runs data processing pipelines and product features that synthesize security data from a broad set of sources and deliver innovative detection capabilities for our users. We are looking for a Software Engineer to craft cloud-powered security protection products that dynamically adapt to changing threats. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security team, a diverse set of security researchers, data scientists, and engineers who lend domain expertise to work with you to solve creative security problems and deliver fantastic user experiences.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other software engineers, data scientists, and security researchers
- Write code in a collaborative environment with peers in multiple countries and timezones
- Contribute to free and open source Elastic projects used by organizations around the world
- Build new web applications that integrate dynamic security cloud services with the Elastic stack user experience (we use mostly Python, Typescript, OCaml, and Go)
- Improve and expand our security data pipeline across all aspects of software telemetry, data ingest, storage, real-time and batch analytics, and data-intensive web services
- Advocate for data-powered services and experiences across the Elastic product portfolio
What You Bring Along:
- 3+ years experience writing robust, production code. We use several programming languages, so we’re looking for people with the ability and interest to learn new languages and technologies.
- 3+ years experience building, deploying and operating web applications or distributed systems in an environment of continuous integration and delivery
- Collaborative attitude with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a distributed, fast-paced, and autonomous environment
- Passionate about protecting the world’s data from attack
Desired Experience or Interests:
- Data streaming / database tech, e.g. Elasticsearch, RDBMS
- Frontend dev, e.g. React
- Cloud-based, distributed systems, e.g. AWS, GCP, Docker, Terraform
- Partnering with data scientists and researchers to improve statistical and ML products
- Endpoint and/or network information security
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.