Remote (US or Canada)
Bevy Labs, Inc.
Posted 1 month ago
We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow, and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, we raised a $15M series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.Day to Day Responsibilities
- Care deeply about data and its processing and storage
- Set up and maintain efficient storage and management systems
- Implement tools for accesses and processing, using Python
- Examine and troubleshoot data stored in SQL, NoSQL
- Support data/analytics application development and R&D efforts
- Proactively support continuous learning and software engineering projects
- Bachelor’s degree, or substantial coursework in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Familiarity with standard business intelligence systems
- Proficiency with common SQL and NoSQL data storage and retrieval
- Experience implementing data processing pipelines
- Experience implementing solutions with Python and other high-level languages
- You like solving interesting, hard problems and communicating the results in accessible ways
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
The Bevy Engineering Team is currently a mix of engineers from across North and South America, united by our shared purpose of bringing people together virtually and in real life. We care a great deal about the right balance of startup scrappiness and reliable, auditable code. We share our learnings liberally. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals and do what it takes to achieve them while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We’re excited by the challenges to come as Bevy scales to its next thousand customers. Will you join us on our journey?Principals only please.