London or remote (within EU timezone)
Cleo was created to improve your financial health.
Already, she’s helped 3 million people improve their relationship to money with simplicity and a sense of humour.
She’s not a bank though. She’s an interface for the 99% – an AI assistant defining a new category, one that goes beyond saving up to actually changing how we feel about our finances
Through chat, she provides you with deep insights about your money, while suggesting personalised financial products that increase your ability to save. But it’s really our tone of voice that makes us special.
We’re a product for the next generation. That means we’re meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
In 5 years Cleo should be so intelligent, so engaging, that the relationship you have is unlike anything that’s come before.
We are looking for an established Data Engineer to join us at Cleo, as we build out the data engineering capabilities across the business. You’ll be joining a team tasked with building the data infrastructure, AB testing and live analytics framework to constantly assess our impact on customers, and the next evolution of our business model. As we look to launch new products and scale across the US, this team is critical to our success.
- Focus on building out our Data Engineering capabilities - this is the first hire into this area, and you’ll be instrumental in making impactful decisions and maturing the platform
- Liaise with data scientists, data analysts and product managers to gather and analyse the data requirements from the business
- Create and launch new data pipelines across the business with a strong focus on the Product, Growth and Retention areas
- Continuously develop your knowledge around Data Engineering
- Guide, mentor and coach the wider business on Data Engineering best practices
Why should you apply?
- You’ll get the chance to make a positive difference in society by improving the financial health of over 3 million users worldwide.
- You’ll be joining an open and collaborative team where you’ll have an impact from day one
- You’ll be joining a team of respected and experienced engineers, product analysts and data scientists
- Work where you work best … we’re fully remote for the rest of the year and most likely beyond
- Work when you work best … we have flexible hours to enable you to work at your best
- Experience working as Data Engineer within a high-performing team in a scaling organisation
- Experience in coaching and mentoring others around you
- Practical experience of analytical data structures, and data modelling approaches
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- A good intuition for writing efficient and maintainable SQL queries
- Comfortable managing data lakes, data warehouses and master data
- Working with APIs, and Extract Transform Load processes
- Experience creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines, using tools such as CircleCI
- Experience building scalable data pipelines using technologies such as Airflow, Spark and Kafka
- Experience working with a cloud computing platform, ideally AWS
- Python for data science and engineering
- Ruby for backend, React for frontend
- RDS with PostgreSQL
- Sisense / Periscope
What do you get for all your hard work?
- 4.30 finish every Friday
- 25 days Annual leave a year
- Regular lunch-and-learns & external speakers as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses to level up your skills like coding, sql or whatever else you need
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Employer-matched pension contribution up to 4%
- Cleo socials and activities
- Annual membership to headspace
- 2 mental-health Sanctus sessions a month
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.