Sr Data Engineer - Hybrid
Durham, NC, United States
Company DescriptionSyngenta Group is one of the world’s leading sustainable agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Our 53,000 people across more than 100 countries strive every day to transform agriculture through tailor-made solutions for the benefit of farmers, society and our planet – making us the world’s most local agricultural technology and innovation partner. Syngenta Group is committed to operating at the highest standards of ethics and integrity. This is a commitment that we are making to investors, customers, society and employees. Syngenta Group is also committed to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Be a member of an innovative team working in a collaborative DataOps environment assembled from data engineers, data scientists, visualization and analytics experts drawn from IT and R&D teams. Relationship building, collaboration and influencing will be key in an environment of data complexity and difficult data integration challenges. We are hiring two Data Engineers on this team.
This position will be located in Durham, NC and available for a hybrid work schedule.
- Support an analytical data infrastructure providing application, tool and ad-hoc access to large datasets consisting of complex data types including genomic, phenotypic, environmental, image and geospatial data.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand strategic roadmaps and build a technical strategy to support them.
- Interface with DevOps teams to extract, load and transform data from a wide variety of data sources using big data technologies in AWS cloud including Glue, EMR, and Lambda.
- Deploy high value, high performance datasets in Snowflake.
- Creation and support of real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including Glue, S3, Lambda, EMR, EventBridge, Athena, Kinesis, and IoT Core.
- Embed quality and intelligent reporting capabilities into data pipelines including detection of anomalies and changes in trends with meaningful alerts and statistics.
- Continual research of the latest big data and visualization technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency.
- Collaborate with data scientists and other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms into our data pipelines that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning.
- Help continually improve automation and simplifying data as a service.
- Degree in computer science, information science, engineering, mathematics or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Hands on AWS experience including Glue, Redshift, S3
- Strong experience with data integration (ETL/ELT) concepts.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Knowledge of, and experience with data transformation technologies and tools
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with continuous integration practices
- Able to write, debug, unit test, and performance test data integration processes
- Data streaming technologies (Kinesis, Kafka) desirable
- Experience in a scientific data setting preferred
- IoT pipelines (AWS IoT Core, Kinesis) desirable
- Geospatial data manipulation and storage desirable
- Python and Java programming
- Business rules engines such as Drools a plus
- Data modeling and virtualization
What we Offer
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members
- We offer flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Athena AWS Big Data Business Intelligence Clustering Computer Science DataOps Data pipelines DevOps Distributed Systems ELT Engineering ETL Kafka Kinesis Lambda Machine Learning Mathematics NoSQL Pipelines Python R R&D Redshift Research Snowflake SQL Statistics Streaming
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Medical leave Parental leave
More jobs like this
San Francisco, CA San Francisco, CA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 230K USD 150K+
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs