Senior Master Data Engineer
Downers Grove, ILLINOIS, United States
Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading sustainable agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Our 53,000 people across more than 100 countries strive every day to transform agriculture through tailor-made solutions for the benefit of farmers, society and our planet –making us the world’s most local agricultural technology and innovation partner.
Syngenta Group is committed to operating at the highest standards of ethics and integrity. This is a commitment that we are making to investors, customers, society and employees. Syngenta Group is also committed to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination and harassment.
The Senior Master Data Engineer will be responsible for ensuring Syngenta has the right identity data capabilities to support the current and future Syngenta production and commercial needs.
We have the responsibility to think beyond our past needs and help unlock future opportunities with one of our most valuable data assets. Robust, accurate and trusted identity data will unlock opportunities to improve customer experience, simplify vendor interactions and allow us to explore new ways of marketing our products and services.
The investment in the MDG platform has been the first phase or our journey to support our current and future business needs. The Senior Master Data Engineer will be responsible to build on this first phase and help to define our vision, strategy, operating model, and roadmap for the future of Party data capabilities. This may include supplementing the MDG platform with additional technology and services
- Contributes to creating a breakthrough transformation that shapes the Party data (including Identity and Reference Data) capability in line with Syngenta's strategic vision
- Help define & deliver the strategy and roadmap for Identity data and reference data (including operating model, data products, technology, data quality & process analytics/health) ensuring solutions and technologies are maintainable and scalable
- Engage and align with stakeholders to experiment and leverage the Identity data capabilities within relevant domains (Employee, Sales/Customers, Legal Entities, Intercompany, Vendors). Including simplification, automation, rationalization, and harmonization.
- Create and advocate Identity data offers (data as a product) that add value and solve business problems that improve integration and adoption.
- Provide technical leadership in leveraging and experimenting with appropriate technologies including existing platforms as well as new opportunities (e.g. Microservices, API’s, AI, ML, etc.) to create Identity data products and services to meet business needs.
- Seamlessly embed themselves in a cross-functional teams as a subject matter expert and participate in Identity data design authority.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of a reference data capability the compliments Identity master data.
The ideal person will work in our Downer's Grove, IL location on a hybrid work schedule. Other established Syngenta locations will be considered
We are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this position at this time.
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 or more years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in customer master data management
- Experience in reference data principles and practices.
- Understand relevant technologies (Master Data Management tools, Microservices, etc)
- Stakeholder management / influencing: able to engage with different functions, leadership levels and cultures
What we Offer
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members
- We offer flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs Data management Data quality Machine Learning Microservices
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Medical leave Parental leave Wellness
More jobs like this
San Francisco, CA San Francisco, CA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 230K USD 150K+
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs