Data Analyst Intern (m/f)
Founded in Switzerland in 2013, Smallpdf provides a simple, secure, and reliable answer to heavy, awkward PDF software, and has become the most-loved and most-trusted PDF software on the planet. We serve over 500 million users in 24 different languages, and in every country in the world—even Antarctica!
As one of the most successful startups in Switzerland, with 52 staff of 18 different nationalities, we're on a mission to make PDF easy. We love open-source and using the latest technologies to scale our distributed application to process millions of files every day.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you will support the Data team in their daily tasks. In particular, you'll be responsible for standardizing, analyzing, and archiving our hundreds of past A/B tests, while building reports and presentations for consumption by several teams within the company. Some prior knowledge of SQL is required as well as a clear theoretical understanding of how A/B testing works. You'll have direct contact with data analysts, engineers, and project managers, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Data Team with daily tasks and workflow process improvements.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough archive of past A/B tests.
- Perform analysis to assess the business development.
- Support forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with the Data Team and support overall department goals and objectives.
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL. Python not required, but a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of the principles behind A/B testing.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or Google Docs.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Based in Zurich or willing to relocate; this is an on-site role.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
- The opportunity to impact a successful, growing scale-up and its tools used by millions worldwide.
- Work in small, highly motivated, cross-functional teams that push boundaries.
- Enjoy company events in the Swiss Alps, on Lake Zurich, or even further afield.
- Flexible working from home policy.
- After-work events include BBQs, cinema, game nights, meet-ups, and more.
- Hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks.
- Weekly team lunch on the house.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Zurich.
Rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 cities in the world for work-life balance, Zurich is the place to work for anyone who wants more out of life. From chocolate, cheese, and rӧsti to snow-capped mountains, haute couture, Swiss-made watches, and outstanding public transport, whatever it is that makes your heart beat faster, it’s all right here in Switzerland—and so is Smallpdf.