Data Engineer - CLT
Singapore, Central Singapore, SG
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for data architecture, low level design, application development and testing to deliver high quality data solutions that covers end-to-end data lifecycle.
- Conduct and lead discussions with business and stakeholders to understand project scope and business requirement
- Design data solutions/ETL jobs that support collection, ingestion and transformation of high-volume transactions.
- Lead discussions with enterprise architecture team to facilitate necessary approvals
- Design and build the data model to support efficient data storage and analysis.
- Lead end-to-end development/enhancement that encompass ETL jobs, database design and building API end-points.
- Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- Use configuration management and integration/build automation tools to manage, test and deploy application codes.
- Conduct SIT and UAT, investigate and resolve technical issues reported in projects or issue resolution.
- Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution.
- Fixing and performance tuning of proposed solutions.
- Develop and review technical documents and other System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) related documents.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience in handling data warehousing related projects e.g. big data , data warehouse , business intelligence, master data management; Minimum 3-years’ experience in leading ETL development team for BI projects in relational data warehouse or big data implementations
- Understanding of data model including Dimensional Data modelling is desired
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Work experience in Data Warehousing and Data Platform systems with understanding of 3NF and Dimensional modelling concepts
- Experience with data management tools (like Informatica, Talend Ab initio) is required
- Advanced SQL database management is a plus.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapR and Machine Learning techniques are desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Certifications in relevant skills (e.g. ETL tool, big data etc.) will be an advantage
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Business Intelligence Consulting Data Warehousing ETL Hadoop Machine Learning Research SQL