Solution Architect - Data Engineer (Airflow)
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, the market’s leading open-source data workflow orchestration platform. We’re a fast-growing startup pushing forward to make Apache Airflow the open source standard for data orchestration.
As a Solution Architect on our team, you will get a front row seat to almost all aspects of the company and help ensure that our growth is guided by strong technical alignment with the needs of our users. You will grow to have a deep understanding of both Apache Airflow and Astronomer as you work with organizations ranging from seed stage startups to Fortune 50 enterprises.
You’ll be able to speak to and deliver solutions around Apache Airflow and the Astronomer platform. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor and help architect solutions across all types of environments and use cases. Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the Apache Airflow project, a thriving open source community with over 1000 contributors.
Every Solutions Engineer will grow to become an Airflow expert and be a trusted advisor to organizations looking to put their data in motion.
- Implement proof of concepts and strategic deliverables for some of our most exciting customers
- Work with the sales team to understand how Astronomer can help solve customer business problems
- Give demos to large teams of engineering and IT executives to clearly articulate Astronomer’s value proposition
- Become a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape of workflow orchestration
- Help create and maintain sales + technical artifacts around Astronomer’s “why”, “what” and “how”
- Work cross functionally within the organization to create and maintain deep technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product team
- Become an Airflow expert
A strong candidate is:
- Experienced in data engineering and a practitioner of Apache Airflow
- Empathetic and leans towards giving those around them the benefit of the doubt
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Has a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts into digestible tid-bits
- Eager to get in the weeds of a technical challenge
- Comfortable leading presentations. They will often be giving presentations and product demos to large groups.
- Great at thinking on their feet - they will often be fielding questions and coming up with clear and articulate answers on the spot
- Experienced with writing Python
- Excited about cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- Experienced with growth teams for technical products (Preferred, but not required)
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.