Data Engineer, Cloud Platform Team
Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Create a product to improve the lives of millions of people worldwide
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Cloud Data & ML team.
What you will do:
- Work intimately with AWS and leverage AWS managed services and Open Source whenever suitable.
- Implement tools and components to support large scale analytics and machine learning.
- Build and maintain both stream and batch processing pipelines.
- Help evolve our Datalake architecture and data ingestion.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience creating and operating data processing pipelines in modern cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- Understanding of typical ML, Data Science and Analytics use-cases and the kind of architecture that supports those.
- The ability and desire to build robust, highly scalable systems that form the backbone of data processing at Oura.
- Solid backend coding skills with python as well as one or more of the following: Typescript, Scala, Java, Rust, C++
- A Collaborative, proactive, "let’s get things done” attitude.
Together we will continue to define Oura as a company where you can:
- Be productive and do your best work
- Be part of a world-class engineering team following and helping define best practices
- Contribute to a product that improves the lives of 100s of thousands of people across the globe
- Be happy and have great work-life balance - we work efficiently, remove the fluff and pointless meetings, so that work continues to inspire and motivate you
- Grow on your chosen career path, be it technical, people, managerial or leadership skills, or any mix of those
- Competitive Salary
- Lunch benefit, weekly breakfast / healthy snacks and excellent coffee
- Wellness benefit
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Partial remote work
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- An Oura ring of your own (if you want)
- Easy-to-reach office in Helsinki city center
- Latest equipment of choice (laptop, phone, screen)