Head of Data Systems & Integrations
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate leader to join the Business Technology team as our Head of Data & Systems Integrations. This role will lead our team of Integration Engineers and manage the design, documentation and implementation of our business process automation, integrations with our data platforms and enterprise system. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, technology, data and insights that help Asana achieve its mission.
The ideal candidate will be versed both in strategic thinking and people management, as well as have deep technological expertise around data and systems integrations. They will collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams to deploy our services, products and solutions, and drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness, and efficiency. They will have experience working with both rapidly scaling high-growth startups, as well as established larger companies, representing the best of these worlds and connecting it to how we do things at Asana. This role will report directly to our Head of Business Technology.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide architectural leadership, vision and strategy for Data and Systems Integrations at Asana.
- Assess our current tooling, scale and impact to identify gaps and facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to meet the growing needs across Asana
- Define and implement a modern application integration layer to enable processes to seamlessly flow across systems
- Drive the adoption of key engineering principles and practices. For ex: Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development, data quality and availability etc. to improve quality and reliability of the Integrations we develop
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to develop roadmaps that align with business objectives/priorities and take into account resource availability.
- Establish an effective enterprise architecture governance process to enable agility and speed of delivery while ensuring adherence to architecture tenets and security standards
- Define SLA and operational model, working with the stakeholders and technology operations to ensure reliability, availability and operational excellence
- Act as an owner and ultimate escalation point for the integrations your team builds.
- Keep evolving the team, amplifying their strengths and uplevel skills and culture around Data & Systems Integrations
- Identify and remove impediments for the team and stakeholders, while successfully driving towards key initiatives.
- Gain a deep understanding of how Asana co-creates on cross-functional initiatives and improve the operating model for the Data and Systems Integrations function.
- Establishing a growth mindset and common knowledge base, seeking out learning opportunities for yourself and the team to continue growing
- Strong organizational skills and planning prowess, with excellent attention to detail
- You are a kind inspiring leader with a mindful, collaborative approach to managing a growing and evolving team.
- Led Integration teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understands the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation.
- You are an excellent partner across the company, from product to marketing to sales and G&A functions. You communicate well to people of different backgrounds, can manage expectations, and influence other teams' behaviors
- You are able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- An experienced strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, instilling both a big picture vision as well as excellence around individual tasks
- You have 7+ years of experience in a leadership role building and managing Data and Systems engineering teams with focus on building integration pipelines and system connectedness
- Minimum 10-15 years of hands on experience in architecture and developing integration frameworks and solutions
- Self-motivated, capable of working with the internal leadership, pro-actively reporting on status and tasks
- Able to knowledgeably consult, collaborate and influence on approaches to systems integration, software development, APIs, API management, and data modelling
- Strong working experience with iPaaS platforms such as Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, Snaplogic, Oracle SOA etc
- Strong working experience in ETL platforms like Talend, Fivetran, AWS services, pentaho
- Experience working with teams who use the following models: DevOps, service ownership, and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- A customer-centric mindset and always asking how our work is improving the lives of our customers (internal or external)
- Knowledge of Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.