Data Scientist, Product Strategy
San Francisco or Seattle
We're looking for data scientists to join the Data Science team who are excited about applying their analytical skills to understand our users and influence decision making. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible products for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Sitting atop our payments platform are applications to manage revenue, prevent fraud, expand internationally, and many others.
Your work will be instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission, be highly visible to Stripe leadership, and will drive key insights for strategic decisions. In this role, you’ll partner closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to establish a rigorous analytical foundation for decision making. You will build tools and analyses that will inform the entire product lifecycle, from product strategy, go-to-market and pricing to optimizing user experience and growing product adoption post-launch.
- Partner across the company with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to shape product strategy using rigorous scientific solutions.
- Apply statistical, machine learning and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products.
- Design, implement and launch innovative data science solutions to empower data-driven decisions at scale.
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments.
- Develop key metrics and observability for Stripe products.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Create analyses that tell compelling stories and inspire action.
We're looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of data science experience with a track record of thought leadership and innovation
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Theoretical and applied expertise in statistics, machine learning and experimental design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience designing and implementing complex modeling solutions from ideation to production at scale
- Experience influencing high-impact decisions
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Passion for mentoring team members and building the data science community
- Experience with data-distributed tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, Pig, etc)