Head of Data Analytics
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Jerry.ai is building the first financial platform for your car that helps people optimize the cost and experience of owning a car (making ownership easy & affordable). We have started with helping people optimize the cost of car insurance and our vision is to help people in every aspect of car ownership. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 18 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store).
Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair company). We are based in Silicon Valley and have offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Buffalo. We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors.
We’d love to hear from you if you are looking for:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- $300 billion market opportunity
- Exponential growth (6 straight quarters of 50-100%+ quarter over quarter growth)
- Open communication environment based on high integrity values
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience at Amazon, Microsoft, GEICO, Lending Club, SoFi, etc.
- Lead, develop and manage the data team
- Partner with business and technology leaders to develop data-driven business strategies
- Develop insights to help shape strategy across a wide spectrum of business and technology areas, including: customer acquisition, customer lifecycle, mobile application features, etc.
- Provide guidance and thought-leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners
- Lead the development of requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
- 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence or other quantitative disciplines and a degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of analytical people management experience
- Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous and complex data problems
- Proficiency using SQL to query large relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to extract & integrate data from various sources
- Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis