Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for a leading figure in the craft of Machine Learning, helping us develop the architecture, libraries and systems that impact teams across Beat. Within your team you have team leadership duties, with the mission of delivering on product features that position Beat ahead of our competition. Your team members rely on your technical expertise and mentorship for their personal development and career growth.
You'll not only be helping your teams and individuals to succeed but also increasing their capacity to win again and again. Your role will be instrumental in building scalable and efficient hiring procedures across various crafts, ensuring they are fully equipped to bring the best folks on board.
You drive the maturity of our machine learning solutions by evangelising and championing MLOps within the organisation. Using available community as well as home grown tools, you guide teams to design workflows that are characterised by:
- Rapid experimentation
- Continuous training of models
- Experimental-operational symmetry
- Modularized and shareable components and pipelines
- Continuous delivery of models
We put to use various cutting edge algorithms to tackle the most challenging tasks in dynamic pricing and fraud detection. Artificial neural networks such as Long short-term memory (LSTM) are used to analyze demand and supply over real-time time series data.
Hyperparameter tuning processes iterate over millions of combinations of parameters such as learning rate, number of layers in the neural network or number of nodes in each layer in order to maximize the predictive accuracy of our models.
You can help us deliver a company-wide feature store, enabling teams to discover features, avoiding duplicating work and mitigating training-serving skew. Being data driven yourself, you can help us roll out a metadata management solution in order to trace our training pipelines, version the data used in each pipeline and maintain a lineage of models.
You’re a solid communicator. You enjoy working in small ML teams but you also like to build close relationships with your stakeholders. Although you have chosen to pursue a career in management, you’re a seasoned engineer, who still likes to be hands-on when the opportunity arises. While you still like to unleash your inner grease monkey on occasions, you will look at the big picture first before diving into the details. You care more about solving problems than about working with a specific language or technology & your pragmatism and technical experience allows you to effectively balance your curiosity for exploring and trying new technologies, engineering perfection and tackling technical debt. As a manager, you’re motivated to help people be the best they can be, see them collaborate effectively, help them improve if necessary, and will ensure they receive credit for their achievements. And, last but definitely not least, you are *passionate* about what you do. Because all of us here are.
What you need to have
- At least 2 year of experience as a team lead, where you had formal responsibility for employees’ growth and performance management
- Solid experience in Python, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, pandas
- Exposure in machine learning / deep learning & MLOps practices
- Familiarity with Spark/PySpark & Kubeflow is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.