Risk Data Scientist
Applications have closed
Sia PartnersSia Partners is a next-generation consulting firm focused on delivering superior value and tangible results to its clients as they navigate the digital revolution. We guide their projects and initiatives in strategy, business transformation,...
Sia Partners is a next generation management consulting firm and pioneer of Consulting 4.0. We offer a unique blend of AI and design capabilities, augmenting traditional consulting to deliver exceptional value to our clients. With 2,200 consultants in 18 countries and expertise in more than 30 sectors and services, we optimize client projects worldwide. Through our Consulting for Good approach, we strive for next-level impact by developing innovative CSR solutions for our clients, making sustainability a lever for profitable transformation.
Sia Partners Netherlands
In 2009 the office in Amsterdam was opened, which is now situated at the 28th floor of the Rembrandt Tower with a great view on the city of Amsterdam. We focus on the following sectors: Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Marketing & Customer Experience, Data Science and HR, Transformation & Change. The Dutch team is experiencing strong growth and has now built up an impressive client portfolio, supported by and cooperating with colleagues from our international offices. Sia Partners Netherlands employs approximately 55 consultants.
The Amsterdam Data Science team, currently 8 data scientists/engineers, is young, diverse and growing. As we are still relatively small you will be in the driver seat to shape its future. We have a flat structure and value the entrepreneurial spirit of our members: initiative is highly encouraged. We are also striving for well-being, diversity and knowledge-sharing inside the team, so that we all grow. We want to expand our capabilities in the risk domain and are currently looking for at least 3 new risk data scientists to join our team.
As a risk data scientist you will be working on various client projects as well as on building our own Sia AI solutions, together with our French Data Engineering team and the Financial Services business units of Sia Partners Global. You perform complex analyses, build or improve risk models, identify business needs and create relevant solutions and action plans. You work on structural solutions for our clients and to that end you ensure that your work is understandable, well documented and reusable. If there are any commercial opportunities within your expertise, you notice and develop these together with the team.
Since you are the expert in the field of Risk, you take initiative and are not afraid to guide other consultants from your team in achieving deliverables and facilitate personal development. You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of.
- You hold a Master’s Degree with a strong quantitative component (e.g. Econometrics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance)
- You have 1-3 years of relevant experience in the financial services sector (e.g. credit risk, portfolio management, assessing regulations, trading strategies)
- You have deep understanding of modelling techniques used within the risk domain and are capable to communicate and explain your knowledge to different audiences
- You are a true problem solver, you turn complex issues into simple business understandable solutions
- You have excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong coding skills in at least Python, other programming languages are a plus
- Good experience with database management languages (e.g., SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Consulting experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with unix-based command line and DevOps tools (Git, Docker, Kubernetes), big data technologies(Spark, Hadoop, Databricks) and in cloud-based infrastructures (AWS/ GCP/ Azure) is a very strong plus
- Excellent English verbal and written skills are required, other languages are considered, especially Dutch, are a plus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary with great extra advantages such as, a clear and structured yearly salary increase and yearly bonuses.
- Flexible transport options that match your personal needs.
- Training plan to develop yourself as an expert in your discipline.
- You have the opportunity to work from home, with the client or from our inspiring office in Amsterdam.
- Working in an international environment creates opportunities to share knowledge and work together on international projects with colleagues all over the world.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Consulting firm Credit risk Databricks DevOps Docker Econometrics Engineering Finance GCP Git Hadoop Kubernetes Mathematics Physics PostgreSQL Python Spark SQL Statistics Trading Strategies
Perks/benefits: Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs