Data Scientist, LiveRamp Safe Haven
San Francisco, CA, United States
Data Scientist, LiveRamp Safe Haven
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is currently ramping up its Safe Haven business in the U.S. and is in need of skilled data scientists who can tell our customers a story with their data. You’ll work directly with our largest and most complex clients’ datasets and data teams to help them derive value from the newly unlocked potential that Safe Haven provides them. In this capacity you will work with vast amounts of data ranging from retail transaction data to online exposure data and you’ll help our customers see the trends and paint a picture of what it all means.
- Work efficiently with client data and analytics partners to define, configure, extract, aggregate, package, synthesize, and share data, results, and actionable insight to support client campaigns, products, or business decisions
- Act as an advertising and retail measurement data subject matter expert (SME)
- Build up a strong understanding and expert knowledge of the various data sources and methodologies brought together for LiveRamp data sharing solutions – retail transaction data, 1st-party CRM data, ad exposure and response data, and 3rd-party data provider attributes (demographics, psychographics, lifestyle segments)
- Collaborate with client and capability teams on how to creatively leverage this rich data asset for their respective insight, segmentation, measurement, and activation needs
- Identify data gaps and advocate for additional data sources to meet unmet marketplace need(s)
- Build and foster positive reputation with client-facing delivery teams and Product & Engineering teams to successfully collaborate on designing, building, and launching analytical solutions
- Be an analytical approach artisan
- Outline pragmatic solutions to answering insight needs with an eye toward balancing quantitative rigor, data incompleteness, and timelines conducive to rudimentary vs. sophisticated methods
- Provide input to Product and Engineering teams on cross-format planning & measurement analysis requirements and possible solution paths
- Prepare and present compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate (both in writing and verbally) complex concepts to marketing and business audiences
- Regularly work with the internal data science teams in engineering to provide input to the data science product roadmap and bring the knowledge of upcoming advances in our identity and products into data science
- Be part of the community of customer-facing data science consultants located internationally to share knowledge and ensure consistency across LiveRamp in our data science related services
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other data analysts/scientists where necessary
Your team will:
Help customers make sense of datasets from across the ecosystem and find meaningful value in sharing data with Safe Haven.
- Critical thinking – capable of generating consistently accurate, useful reports as well as enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to marketing program objectives
- Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities in terms of reporting and dashboards
- Balances desire for quantitative rigor with realities of inconsistent business data
- Attention to detail and time management - delivering high quality, client-ready work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Hands-on fluency in data extraction, manipulation, and visualization tools such as SQL, Hive/ Impala/ Redshift/ BigQuery, Excel, Tableau, and/or others with minimal supervision
- Technical familiarity with scripting languages like Perl, Python, Spark, and/ or R
- Familiarity with cloud computing services, especially GCP
- Proficient in integrating multiple data sources (1st-party, 3rd-party, media activity) and utilizing creative analytical approaches to answer client audience insight or performance questions
- Solid understanding of current data science best practices and technology stacks
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, marketing test design, and audience segmentation
- Comfortable presenting and interfacing directly with customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline (Master’s Preferred)
- 4+ years of work experience in an analytical role in a professional services environment: digital advertising, database marketing, or interactive/ technology consulting
- Knowledgeable of the media planning, measurement, and optimization process and acumen (both online and offline)
- Proficient with the application of analytic methods in digital and mobile channels
- Proficient with direct and/or interactive marketing test design
- Demonstrated history of innovation with emerging ad platforms, data, measurement, or analysis techniques
- Product development and/or extensive client service experience with omni-channel campaign measurement systems
- Understanding of LiveRamp’s role in the market and the broader AdTech/MarTech space
- Data privacy/security and related governance processes (Privacy Impact Assessment, CCPA, GDPR, etc)
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Remote Work Support: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.