Data Analyst Intern, Summer 2023
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Working in Product Development at Wolt
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done. You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
The behind the scenes of Wolt is run by an awesome bunch of over 400+ planners, builders, designers and data crunchers. We call ourselves Product+, as we’re the very core of Wolt’s products, tools and platforms. To build our products, we work in over 40 cross-functional, independent and autonomous teams. Teams are made up of a mix of talented individuals: engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts, and product leads. Each team takes ownership for solving customer problems in the best possible way.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
About the program
The program will last for 4-6 months — you can decide the duration within this frame. The start date of the program is set for June 2023.
The internship is paid (3300€/month) and you’ll be assigned to our Wolt Market Analytics team where your existing skills will find their best match in terms of mentorship and tech.
We are preferring candidates who are able to continue full-time after the internship period, so this is truly a chance for a career path - today we have numerous members in different product teams who originally started as interns!
Analytics at Wolt is a business-critical area that covers three different teams — data science, product data analytics, and business intelligence. The complexity of online delivery, differences in the economics and dynamics of the cities we operate in and vast amounts of data make our work truly interesting!
About our team
As a Data Analyst Intern, you’ll join our Wolt Market Analytics team, the home of human intelligence for Wolt’s very own grocery business. Our data analysts first and foremost strive to gain actionable insights from all available data that support the decision-making in teams they work with. In other words, data analysts are expected to be the objective advisors who base their findings and recommendations on data and solid data analysis methods.
You will be embedded in the Wolt Market team along with your teammates. This means you will work as close as possible where the decisions are made, and hence get to participate in decision-making yourself. You’ll be exposed to various business problems from the types of products we should sell to the efficiency of our warehouse processes. With the help of your onboarding buddy and mentor, you’ll conduct studies to discover opportunities and make recommendations.
• Collecting data from our data warehouse (Snowflake) and transforming it into the structure needed for analysis.
• Conducting ad-hoc analysis using notebooks or BI tools, and presenting findings to stakeholders.
• Creating dashboards in Looker (our BI tool) to share learnings and insights with stakeholders.
• Implementing business metrics and KPIs to create visibility on business or product performance.
• Building ad-hoc statistical or machine learning models to support the decision-making of stakeholders.
• Exposing new data points from Snowflake to Looker in an easy-to-use format for further analysis and dashboard development.
We use SQL for data collection and processing, and Python/R for data analysis. We hope that at least two of these languages are in your toolbox. Studies in a relevant field (e.g Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Finance) will be helpful in excelling in this role, but not a must, as you’ll be expected to do exploratory data analysis. Foremost, we are looking for growth potential - basics in at least SQL/Python/R and good knowledge on statistics will give you a good kick start. That's why we ask you to prove your skills through our assignment right from the get-go.
We want to welcome people from diverse backgrounds, with an open mindset and curiosity. We hope you are not scared to ask questions, dive deep in data, and come up with recommendations 💙
As we want to provide long-term career paths, we are prioritizing candidates who are able to continue with us full-time after the internship.
Ideally, you’re already located in Helsinki or close by to have the possibility to visit the office at least once a week, to work as close as possible with your mentor and team members that are located in Helsinki.
We are unfortunately unable to offer relocation or visa support for internships, so you should be eligible for work in Finland for the duration of the program. If you’re offered to stay with us on a permanent basis after the internship, we’ll take care of your work visa if that’s needed..
👀 The process is easy:
1 - Read through the assignment instructions carefully. When your solution is ready, put it as a zip file to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive (or similar). Remember to check permissions! If we cannot access the file, we cannot review your solution. Please don’t store your solution in a public GitHub repository during the application period.
2 - Click “Apply now”, fill in your details, and attach your solution. If you have a CV, want to tell us more about yourself and your interests in a cover letter, or have some interesting projects that you’d like to share with us, feel free to include those as well.
3 - Send your application!
Please note that the assignment is a mandatory part of the process. Applications without attached solutions won’t be accepted.
The deadline is the 22nd of February (end of the day).
If you have any questions you can turn to our Talent Acquisition Partner, Zhanna at email@example.com.
Please note that we do not accept applications via email or LinkedIn messages.
Tags: Business Intelligence Data analysis Data Analytics Data warehouse Economics EDA Finance GitHub KPIs Looker Machine Learning Mathematics ML models Physics Python R Snowflake SQL Statistics
Perks/benefits: Career development Home office stipend Relocation support
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs