Data Engineer: Big Data
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Posted 7 months ago
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Big Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in data engineering activities like Creating pipelines / workflows for Source to Target etc.
- You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Hadoop based technologies along with Hadoop, Azure, HDInsights for Cloudera based Data Late using Scala Programming.
- Responsible to Ingest data from files, streams and databases. Process the data with Hadoop, Scala, SQL Database, Spark, ML, IoT
- Develop programs in Scala and Python as part of data cleaning and processing
- Responsible to design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity multi-threaded event processing systems
- Develop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Python and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platform
- Provide high operational excellence guaranteeing high availability and platform stability
- Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Pyspark, Kafka, any Cloud computing etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
- Proficient in any of the programming languages – Python, Scala or Java
- Mandatory experience in Mid to Expert Level programming capabilities in a large-scale enterprise
- In-depth experience in modern data platform components such as the Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Python, Scala, etc
- Experience with Distributed Versioning Control environments such as GIT
- Familiarity with development tools - experience on either IntelliJ / Eclipse / VSCode IDE, Build Tool Maven
- Demonstrated experience in modern API platform design including how modern UI’s are built consuming services / APIs.
- Experience on Azure cloud including Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake Storage is highly preferred
- Solid experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle - plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good to have atleast one of the Certifications listed here:
- AZ 900 - Azure Fundamentals
- DP 200, DP 201, DP 203, AZ 204 - Data Engineering
- AZ 400 - Devops Certification
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Consulting Engineering Hadoop Java Kafka ML PySpark Python Research Scala Spark SQL
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific
Job stats: 13 2 0
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs