Software Engineer, New Grad - Machine Learning
San Francisco, California, United States
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm offers services that empower consumers to advance their financial well-being. Our goal is to revolutionize the banking industry to be more accountable and accessible to consumers.
As a recent university grad, you’ll contribute meaningful work to our growing engineering team. Recent grads in the past have built a real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline that ties our infrastructure together, built out our proprietary financial platform that is central to our long term company mission, and built out our extensive automated testing framework.
You’ll be building out new features on a team that fits your skill-set and interests. We look for students that have a passion to change the consumer finance industry for the better.
Past New Grad Projects:
- Vijay works on developing and growing Affirm’s in-store product. Vijay’s first project was to design and implement text-to-apply support with store-specific SMS codes so that users can effortlessly apply for an Affirm loan in brick-and-mortar stores, and merchants can granularly view application rates and data on a store-by-store basis.
- Madeline has built batch data pipelines to enable greater resiliency and accuracy in Affirm’s loan origination processes with our loan origination bank. She has implemented a system to report all loan applications created with Affirm and sourced data from various data warehouses across the company.
- Kevin has been responsible for a major overhaul of our cryptography platform, which is used to encrypt sensitive customer data such as social security numbers and credit reports, as well as to perform other cryptographic operations. Additionally, he has designed and implemented a public key infrastructure for mutually authenticated and encrypted communication between backend services.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training/fellowship/work experience
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.