[Summer Internship 2021] Data Scientist Intern
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda's data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company's culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Agodans come from over 70 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot of talents pin picked from all corners of the planet. We deploy data science across our entire business and do that on one of the world’s largest ML infrastructures, employing dozens of GPUs working in parallel, 30K+ CPU cores and 150TB of memory.
As part of the Personalization team you will be exposed to real-world challenges such as: predicting customer intents in real time, personalizing supplier and user generated content, classifying unstructured data such as images and text, making personalized recommendations, discovering insights from big data and innovating the user experience.
We are looking for ambitious and agile interns that would like to seize the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging productive machine learning and big data platforms worldwide, processing some 600B events every day and making some 5B predictions. We are using cutting edge algorithms, with agility and in scale, so you will have the opportunity to learn about the productive use of machine learning and data science and get hands-on experience that will greatly impact your future career perspectives.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Mine, analyze and use big data of hundreds of millions of customers and more than 600 million daily user generated events.
- Design, code, experiment and implement models and algorithms to maximize customer engagement and business outcomes.
- Work with developers and a variety of business owners to deliver daily results with the best quality.
- Research discover and harness new ideas that can make a difference.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Good understanding of AI/ML/DL and Statistics, as well as coding proficiency using related open source libraries and frameworks.
- Significant proficiency in working with data in SQL and languages like Python, PySpark and/or Scala.
- Can lead, work independently as well as play a key role in a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for working in a multicultural work environment.
- Fluent English - speaking, reading and writing.
It's Great if you have (optional):
- Hands on experience in data engineering, working with big data framework like Spark/Hadoop, Impala and reporting tools.
- Experience in NLP, reinforcement learning, image processing and/or recommendation systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.