London, England, United Kingdom
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Head of Analytics to join the Mediatonic Product team.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
Mediatonic is looking for a talented Data Scientist with a passion for games and cutting edge analytics to help us bring new levels of delight to our players.
We’ve very recently released Fall Guys and which has far exceeded our highest expectations. With a player base of millions, and a super engaged community, the development team has a strong appetite for data-driven insights to help focus our roadmap and planning. As a Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in product development, leading initiatives to discover new opportunities and optimisations for Fall Guys (and future titles from Mediatonic).
- Collaborate with the game development teams to prioritise key hypotheses and questions
- Use your expert skill and techniques to find the best approach to answer those questions
- Present your findings in a clear, concise manner that offers actionable insights which can be understood by a broad audience
- Play an integral part of a new Analytics team that has aspirations on becoming a world-class operation that will define and pioneer new techniques and methodologies for the gaming industry
- Identify, debug and solve issues with event tracking, and be meticulous about the accuracy of your reports and analysis results
- Guide the analytics methodologies for A/B testing, measurement, and KPI establishment
- Build a suite of self-serve reports and dashboards for game development teams
- Champion strategic areas where we can invest to improve our data capabilities, tools, and reporting/dashboard infrastructure to enable decision-making throughout the company
- Know how to employ machine learning techniques to build dynamic segments to produce customised user experiences in game
- Create predictive models to help anticipate player churn and optimise LTV.
- Experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst at a Game or Technological company, where you positively impacted the business with data and insights
- Exceptional communication and people skills, ensuring you can remain up to date with the analytics needs of the business.
- Work experience in the Games industry is a plus otherwise, a strong passion for games is necessary
- Good knowledge of the entire analytic toolset and know-how to choose the right analytic techniques that best address the business problems at hand.
- Proficient in SQL and have experience with R or Python.
- Have first-hand experience with data visualization tools like Tableau/PowerBI/Looker and data migration.
- Experience working with large volumes of data in cloud-based platforms is strongly preferred (Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
- Possess a strong statistical background and the knowledge to understand the significance of your findings
- Fluent in English.
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including upto 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.